some questions i’m trying to deal with as i write strategy papers on a number of subjects:
- if you tell everyone your strategy, is it still strategy?
- if you don’t tell anyone your strategy, is it still strategy?
- shouldn’t we use wikis to capture strategies?
- can linus’s law be made to apply for strategy?
- shouldn’t customers be involved?
- and if we work in coopetitive markets, shouldn’t competitors be involved?
and if all the answers go one way, then
does it mean that the distinctive value is in execution, not strategy per se?