I was tagged this afternoon, by Glyn Moody. The tag requires me to
(a) republish these rules
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
(b) share seven (preferably less well-known) facts about myself:
- I don’t drive. Have never driven. Tried and failed decades ago. Plan to fix it this year. Planned to fix it last year, but never got around to it….
- I don’t swim. Never learnt to. Actually drowned once, fishermen brought my body in. Plan to fix it this year. Learnt a bit while on holiday. Love water, don’t know how to float. Panic sets in….
- I collect books. I have over 180 different editions of Don Quixote, covering 17th-20th century. Safely in storage. Along with around 36,000 others. Ran out of money to build my library. One day….
- I love chillies. I tend to have habanero-level chillies most days, in home-made sauce, bought sauce or raw. The capsaicin sets off an endorphin rush which I adore. Zubin Mehta is probably the only famous guy who does this….
- I will set up a school locally when I retire in seven years time, and work there for the rest of my life. Education is a personal passion, I was very privileged to receive a good one in Calcutta. I loved school…..thanks to Abu, whom I’ve known since 1966, I am now in touch with most of my class.
- Since leaving university I’ve never worked for a competitor. I don’t like “crossing the floor” for money…..
- I’m vaguely bionic. I have an Implantable Cardioverter-Defribillator. The only other person I “know” with the same device is Dick Cheney (!). Went in to what cardiologists call ventricular fibrillation a couple of times in December 2006. Lucky to be alive. I thank God every day.….
(c) Tag seven people. Here goes:
You have been warned. I shall be in touch. And Glyn, you now have to sign my copy of Rebel Code.